Wednesday 8 September 2010

Status Update

Since I have sat through the IPExpert Video on Demand Course I will very shortly start to go through the Volume 1 Workbook which I think is an important thing from being a spectator to executing tasks on my own.

All in all I think that the Video on Demand course has been good value.  While described as a 4 day course, it is much more than 8 hours per day - I especially recall Day 2 lasting a long time - it covers both lectures and configuration exercises for IGPs and BGP.   While I did like the work of seeing config/show/verify connectivity and the associated troubleshooting skills - sometimes it just took a very long time to resolve issues, because its in recent memory the configuration video for IPv6 which ended up having a multicast issue was somewhat annoying to see Joe spending an hour trying to troubleshoot things of his own design - I guess it was good to show the fundamentals but it frustrating at the same time.  That said I most certainly appreciated that he followed up with what the issue was, how to replicate it and the work around was.  Considering the body of knowledge that Joe was sharing and his professional attitude in describing his thought processes and not getting worked up when things weren't acting immediately as expected - the previously mentioned annoyance I mention is really the only negative I can give for the whole experience and in its own way should be a positive (if a little time consuming)

I am certain I will be revisiting some of these videos through out my study.

No comments:

Post a Comment