Monday 15 August 2011

Scheduled Attempt #2

It's just about 4 weeks before I have my second stab at the CCIE Lab.  When I attended the Micronics Bootcamp they were running the Cisco LabSafe program which included a lab-retake voucher if you did well enough in the assessment labs, which is quite helpful as it takes away some of the costs for the next shot.  Interestingly, Cisco has increased the price from $US1400 to $US1500 on the first of August.  The voucher covered $US1400, so I had to make up the difference plus the 10% Goods and Service Tax that they like to charge us in Australia, so having to pay $US250 for another go at the lab is not too bad at all - flights and accomodation also need paying for too but thats the price.  Looking at the CCIE numbers being announced in places like GroupStudy, should I get through this time my guess is that my number will be in the 30,000+ range.

As for my preparation - I've been pretty flat out with work particularly since I've been inter-state but I have been keeping at the labs (I brought a personal laptop that is running dynamips to lab small things up).  When I'm home I'm still going through the Troubleshooting workbook with two labs left to do I will have gone through it all once but I plan to revisit some of the labs just to keep the practice going.  There seems to be a pretty good level of difficulty and variety in there, I'm finding it useful because sometimes I jump into trying to fix a problem that is probably deep, when it's possibly something as basic as  a sub-interface is up but the main interface is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment