Wednesday 28 March 2012

Taking a break from Junos

Playing around with Junos was a nice diversion and all but now that I have passed the JNCIP-SP exam, unless there's a project that demands it, I'll be giving it a break for the time being.

In the olden days, the JNCIP-M was a lab exam with the JNCIS-M being the roughly the equivalent of the CCIE written but recognised as a certification in of itself.  The JNCIE-M was the pinnacle of the M/T series track with another lab exam in of itself.  With the new SP track to only the JNCIE-SP exam has a hands on lab component which meant that when it came time to renewing my JNCIS-M I could either go for the JNCIS-SP or upgrade to the JNCIP-SP (and I chose the latter)

I'm not quite back on the CCIE train yet - through work I have been exposed to Fortinet firewalls and have a Fortinet certification exam (FCNSA) coming up soon and there's one last Alcatel-Lucent exam (Triple Play Services) to knock over in the next month or so and then it's diving back into IOS. 

I'm not sure if I feel like blogging about those topics at the moment, so it may be quiet here until the end of April...

So I still like playing with routers, just not IOS routers right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment