Sunday 15 April 2012

Cisco Focused Again

After successfully passing 8 written exams and 1 lab exam - I have gained the Alcatel-Lucent 3RP Certification.  This certification is part of the Service Router Certification Program with the top level being the Service Router Architect which to obtain requires another 3 written and another lab exam knocked over and it definitely something I'm interested in pursuing but not on the card until I clear my plate on achieving CCIE status.

Yes, after approximately 4 months of taking a bit of a break from study and then working with other network studies, I'm coming back to work on getting that CCIE.  I haven't set a target as to when I plan to give it another shot but it most likely will be the early second half of this year.

I'm not sure exactly what topics I'll be blogging about yet - however I think I'll do the obvious thing and start hitting the blueprint from the top hitting the tech topics before looking at doing full blown labs.  I certainly haven't forgotten everything but there are some cobwebs that need removing and some speed and agility that needs to come back.

It seems like it's timely for me that recently Ruhann's Routing-Bits has been updated and it seems to be a fairly extensive one at that.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you're getting back into it. Hopefully I'll be seeing you in the lab around the same time.

    I'm following a similar approach at this point - work through the expanded blueprint, make sure I've got it all covered. Funny how much I've forgotten in the last 6 months! Comes back quickly though.

    Hope to make it to Narbik's bootcamp in Sydney in June too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lindsay, we can get there, it's difficult but not impossible.

    I have nothing but good things to say about Narbik's bootcamp - well except that you will miss out on sleeping for the week. I don't know if I will be in a position to come to Sydney for the June bootcamp but if I can, it would be cool to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your studies. I found your Narbik boot camp write up and have been following your blog ever since. I've added your site to my blogroll, hopefully some extra traffic will head your way.

    Thanks!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete