Monday 21 May 2012

Back to Basics

As part of my getting back to basics regime I've been going through Narbik's Advanced Routing and Switching 4.0 Workbooks.To be honest it's not basics but it's refreshing to go back to something as simple as Ethernet trunking (honestly DTP isn't something I haven't given a lot of thought to in awhile and while there was nothing earth shattering, it's good to touch base again) and incrementally re-enforce my knowledge.

One of my old favourite commands that I've been using recently is "show ip protocols" which gives such a wealth of information including timers, authentication key usage and if protocols are being redistributed.

Last night I went through a rather epic RIP lab that touched 9 routers, and now it's time to jump into EIGRP...

No comments:

Post a Comment