Wednesday 10 February 2010

Welcome, I guess?

Just starting the blog.  There are plenty of them, hopefully this will be a repository of interesting things that I see along the way while working towards the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) in Routing and Switching.

To be fair, this is probably going to really just end up being links towards other peoples blogs or sites that have good information that I want to centralise, hopefully it will also obtain my observations or ideas as well.

If you have come across this blog hoping to get good ideas for your own studies, I wish you the best.  I guess the good thing about this is that it isn't a race against any one.

I have been working in telecommunications and in datanetworking in particular for a good period of time now.  The majority of that has been Cisco focused but I have also played with Juniper and Alcatel-Lucent equipment.  These days I work in a pre-sales role where I don't get my hands dirty as such doing implementations and support - which I do miss a bit.  I see working on my CCIE as part of my ongoing professional development and as a way to ensure that I more than think I know how things work, and actually do.

Most of this is going to be self-funded so I am going to have to be judicious in my selections of lab equipment and training material, fortunately over the years I have been building my library so I have quite a few Cisco Press books already on my shelf and I have been collecting bits of kit to build towards my lab rack at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment