Sunday 3 April 2011

Lab Booked and Paid For

It's all paid for so there's no turning back.  Sydney in the middle of June... Booking the R&S Lab it could very well be a traditional expensive lunch since right now I know I am not completely ready right now but I had to put a definite stake in the ground to aim towards, as well as organising the time off work.

To assist with this, I have been fortunate enough to be able to scrounge up the funding to take part in one of Narbik's Bootcamps in Sydney which will take place approximately two weeks before I attempt the lab for the first time (I'm not aiming or planning to fail as such - I just want to prepare myself for the condition that I may not pass).  The Bootcamp and being able to take a large block of annual leave to put work to the side and concentrate on getting my technique and speed honed should help.

If I were to be honest with myself I think parts of multicast, FR QoS and Security particularly around the IOS Firewall and ZBF are my weaker areas that I will be putting extra focus on.

I'm quite looking forward to the bootcamp, I hear they are very intense but worthwhile at the very least I will be able to meet up in person with some more candidates as well as drinking from the fountain of networking related to the CCIE R&S V.40 blueprint.  There always seems to be a near Steve Jobs (I was nearly going to say religious) mania surrounding Narbik from those that have been in his presence, I wonder if I will become one of the zealots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment